[Dixielandjazz] Preservation Hall History - WSJ Article

TBW504 at aol.com TBW504 at aol.com
Thu Dec 20 15:33:57 PST 2007

Reid, Edmiston, Mills - plus others - started Preservation Hall in premises
owned by Borenstein. For all his admirable qualities (refused to have
Confederate flags or Mammy dolls on his premises) he was a hard man with a buck  and
realising there were potentials gave the originators the bum's rush and
installed Allan Jaffe. Allan deserves credit for booking the PH band into the
college circuit ensuring many musicians became reasonably affluent. My friend
Bill Edmiston told me that he bore the Jaffes no ill will.
Brian Wood