[Dixielandjazz] Rehearsing in Front of an Audience

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Sat Dec 15 22:12:30 PST 2007

Everything you said is absolutely true.  We have done all that but without
gigs at least fairly often it's hard to keep focus and you will lose the
edge.  But as I said playing for free is against my grain.  I used the word
rehearsal very loosely but like you I don't "rehearse" in public.  If I do
anything like that it won't be "let's try it again at the top guys."

I'm not sure exactly what I will do but I have to do something or my big
Dixie band will wilt and just go away.  I had that happen before.  They
really perk up when a public performance is pending.
Larry
StL