[Dixielandjazz] Rehearsing in Front of an Audience

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Fri Dec 14 23:03:08 PST 2007

No way.

I don't know about your rehearsals, but we work very hard at ours to get the
ensembles/concerted  chorus's clean.  Make sure that the rhythm section is
using the same chords and that the front line also knows what chords are
being played behind them at all times.

If an arrangement is written, we make sure that all mistakes are corrected.

If head chart, we make sure that we are all on the same page, figuratively
speaking.

You don't have a good, productive rehearsal in front of an audience.

We are pros.  We don't show the blemishes.

Think about an actress's picture you see in a mag.  If it is not taken by
the paparazzi and in a tabloid, the photos are retouched to show the actress
off at her best.

By the same token, when our public hears us, we want them to hear us at our
best.

Check out our latest CD to understand what I am talking about as far as
presenting ourselves musically, properly.

See: www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

or

www.cdbaby.com/cd/ringwald2

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
530/642-9551
916/806-9551 Cell
www.ringwald.com
Fulton Street Jazz Band
See our new CD, www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

"I can resist everything except temptation."  --Oscar Wilde, 1854 - 1900