[Dixielandjazz] Fresno Mardi Gras issues?

James O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Tue Dec 4 09:41:27 PST 2007

Is anyone else having difficulty getting information and badges for the
Fresno Mardi Gras in February 2008?

I contacted them via email in early November, asking about RV parking
information. I got a reply a week later, promising to send it, but I have
received nothing. So we made reservations elsewhere for the weekend.

Today I went to their website to order badges.  There is no online ordering
-- only button for a PDF order form to print out, and mail with a check.
Worse yet, clicking on the link to display the order form, the link is
broken, so there's no form to print out.  The webmaster link leads to a site
with a broken contact link. The Society telephone number on the website
leads only to an answering machine.

We keep talking about how to keep OKOM alive, yet here's a festival that
doesn't have online ticket ordering and whose website is faulty.  I wonder
if anyone ever checks the site to verify that everything is where it should
be?  (In all fairness, what they have now is at least an attempt to
modernize -- a year ago their website was there, but hadn't been updated in
about two years.)

Can anyone give me a web address or a phone number where I can order badges
and pay for them by credit card?

Thanks,

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA