[Dixielandjazz] TUBACHRISTMAS

eupher dude eupher61 at hotmail.com
Sun Dec 2 18:57:41 PST 2007

and, ironically, Alec Wilder (yes, that one) who did the original arrangements, died on Christmas Eve...maybe 1980 or so?  That part evades my memory right now.

Akron OH usually has around 700 (it's probably in a couple of weeks) and KC usually has about 600 players (I think it's next Friday...not sure)

OKOM content:  "Go Tell It On The Mountain"...a great tune to do at a Christmas time gig where a little religion doesn't get anyone in trouble...is in the TC books.  A somewhat strange arrangement by Wilder, but it's there.

steve 'haven't done one in several years, and don't really miss it" hoog