[Dixielandjazz] Reunited after 20 years

Hans en Corrie Koert koerthchkz at zeelandnet.nl
Sat Dec 1 14:42:03 PST 2007

 As I said ........ sales talk !!

Hans Koert
http://keepswinging.blogspot.com

-----Oorspronkelijk bericht-----
Van: Marek Boym [mailto:marekboym at gmail.com]
Verzonden: zaterdag 1 december 2007 22:43
Aan: Hans en Corrie Koert
Onderwerp: Re: [Dixielandjazz] Reunited after 20 years

Hello Hans,
I beg to disagree re. the sound of CDs.  Tney are CLEANER, yes, but sound
better?  Only some, very few, reproduce the analgue sounds really well.
Often, the last, air-borne (and pedal-created) sounds of the piano are cut
off.  I've heard very few CDs that were better than the analogically
recorded source, or even as good.  There are some American Music Cds on
which the speed of the originally issued records has been corrected.  And
some John R.T. Davis' remasterings are better (provided he DID NOT remaster
the LPs - in such a case, the LPs still sound better).  True, the CDs
eliminate scratches, but at the expense of the wormth of sound.
Cheers