[Dixielandjazz] Wish me well Saturday

Don Ingle dingle at nomadinter.net
Fri Aug 31 14:46:41 PDT 2007

For the 15th year the Michigan Nighthawks will be the closing band for
the summer-long jazz and blues series at Baldwin, MI (my homes Burg).
It is also the best attended of their twice-weekly presentations. A
great crowd - local as well as summer folks to this small town on the
Pere Marquette River system (or as we jokingly describe it, " a quaint
little drinking village with  fishing problem.:)
For the past two weeks I have been recovierng from a serious bout of
pneumonia and am just getting my lungs back - so your best thoughts and
wishes for tomorrows' session will be appreciated.
We have guest clarinetist with us from the Epsilon Jazz Band, Bud
Becktold, and the regulars of our irregular jazz squad.
Filling a cornet and valve trombone has been a chore until today when
things seemed almost back to normal, so I will cross my fingers, eyes,
and anything that will overlap and go for it.
For those of you about to take in the Sweet and Hot, pass on my best to
any of the Boondockers that might be there, and a hello to Jazk Hannh,
who was on the Ted Weems  bAnd for awule when I was in the 50's. If Ira
Wesley is still with Wally Holmes band, another hello, please..
Jean and I are headed for the Door County Peninsula in Wisconsin next
week for a meeting and tour of the Midwest Travel Writers Assoc, of
which I am a member. If all goes well, I will find an endless source of
Leinie -- that's real berr for you Busch-league guzzlers.
Hope the Sweet nd Hot goes well. Wish I was there, but I'm here -- so
think workling lungs for Uncle Don.
Don Ingle