[Dixielandjazz] A new form of amplicication.

Kent Murdick kmurdick at jaguar1.usouthal.edu
Sun Aug 26 10:54:05 PDT 2007

My group, Bordello rhythm, is both figuratively and literally a “gut-
bucket” band, but I think we reached a new low during the Mobile
International Beer Festival. We played on the edge of a park just off
the sidewalk, a place that guaranteed a good flow of walk by traffic.
Our “gut-bucket” bass player found a grated sewer opening on flat
ground, put his gut-bucket over the opening and got a fabulous sound
that could be heard a block away (maybe even all over the city). Just
thought I’d pass that on to you guys who think those amps and speakers
are necessary.