[Dixielandjazz] Bird Lives

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Fri Aug 24 12:05:06 PDT 2007

on 8/24/07 2:28 PM, TBW504 at aol.com at TBW504 at aol.com wrote:

Of the many musicians' cards in the Old Mint Jazz Museum, New Orleans, few
mention the word "jazz" - the majority bear the legend "Music for all
occasions"
Brian Wood

I hear you Brian. Most musician cards I have from "jazzers" say "Music For
All Occasions" also. Very few musicians out of the total pool can make a
living with jazz alone.

I use 2 cards. One with name and instrument using that phrase, and then a
Barbone Street Jazz Band card which does not mention anything but "Barbone
Street Jazz Band", logo (in color) and contact information -  my name as
band leader, instrument, phone, email, and website.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone