[Dixielandjazz] More On "In The Mood" and Miller

Randy Fendrick jfendrick at bak.rr.com
Fri Aug 24 07:21:28 PDT 2007

Actually Whitey Thomas, who played in the trumpet section in all of the
Miller Army Air Force bands performances is still alive and well in
Bakersfield, California.  He is blind but recently got married to a
singer who lives in the same retirement home.  I understand he still
plays valve bone,
later,
rf