[Dixielandjazz] Slide sax history

Margaret Squires saxymargeaux at sbcglobal.net
Tue Aug 21 11:04:16 PDT 2007

Rob Verdi, of Side Street Strutters, has a slide sax.  He had it at the Mammoth Lakes Festival in July.  He also has a cd of him performing on the various rare saxophones in his collection.  I don't have the cd here so can't give you any more information.  I can post more later if anyone is interested.

  Margaret

David Richoux <tubaman at tubatoast.com> wrote:
  What a great connection! How did you find this list?

I think there is one in the "Shrine to Music" museum in Vermillion,
South Dakota. A google search does make a few links and I recall
seeing one during my brief visit a few years ago.

also http://www.dornpub.com/SaxjPDF/slidesax.pdf

I have played several tracks from Snub Mosely on a reissue LP
collection on my radio show on KFJC.

Dave Richoux