[Dixielandjazz] Introduction: Rob Wright

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Mon Aug 20 16:11:17 PDT 2007

Rob Wright wrote:

 > Hello everyone:
>
> My name is Rob Wright and I play plectrum banjo with The Original Wildcat
> Jass Band in Tucson, AZ.  We are comprised of faculty and alumni from the
> University of Arizona.  You can hear us at cdbaby.com.  I joined this list
> several weeks ago and have only lurked so far.  I am particularly
> interested
> in the various jazz festivals around the world.  We are performing next
> year
> at the Blythe, Sacramento, and Phoenix festivals and would love to expand
> on
> that.
>
> Although most of my performing is with the Wildcats I am better known in
> the
> 4-string banjo world, mostly from attending the FIGA conventions and Noel
> Induni's 4-string banjo list.  Anyway, I'll be keeping tabs on the
> dixielandjazz list as well.  Rob

Hi Rob and welcome to DJML.  Yes, since I am on the Board of Directors of
the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society, sponsor of the Sacramento Jazz
Jubilee, I am familiar with your band from the CD that was sent to us.

You will have a lot of fun.  It is an amazing festival with over 100 bands.

We hope you enjoy the DJML and join in on the discussion.

 We have around 550 members from all over the world; musicians (both pro and
amateur), recording producers and engineers, radio DJs, authors, writers,
arrangers, historians, fans, etc.  Enjoy.

I suggest you take a look at the DJML FAQ, www.islandnet.com/djml/faq.html

The page has not been updated for quite a while.  However, you'll get a lot
of valuable info as to the accepted procedures on DJML.

Best,

--Bob Ringwald
DJML Moderator