[Dixielandjazz] Doreen Kitchens in Maine

Gluetje1 at aol.com Gluetje1 at aol.com
Sat Aug 18 11:24:50 PDT 2007

David, I also "found" the Ketchens along with the banjo player busking on
Portland Street in August 2005.  Visited with them a bit during their  break,
also bought a CD.  They do spell the name with a "E".

I'm relying on faulty memory, but believe the story that Lawrence told that
afternoon was that Doreen was classically trained then learned jazz from  her
grandfather, (? name).  That when Lawrence met her she did not have  much of a
clue how good her jazz really was.

I unfortunately cannot remember the banjoists name, but he is a
well-seasoned, frequently working, Maine jazzer who, I believe has something to  do with
bringing the Ketchens to Maine in the summers.

Here is their official website: >_http://www.doreensjazz.com/_
(http://www.doreensjazz.com/) <
Ginny

In a message dated 8/18/2007 12:26:38 P.M. Central Daylight Time,