[Dixielandjazz] Re. Bix and Wild Bill -- bio. video

Nancy Giffin NANCYink at surewest.net
Tue Aug 14 12:58:27 PDT 2007

TOM WROTE:
------------------------------

Message: 2
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2007 16:09:15 -0400
From: tcornet at webtv.net (Tom Saunders)
Subject: [Dixielandjazz] Bix and Wild Bill

Listmates,
Wild Bill's first recording was "Because They All Love You,"
which I heard while making the Wild Bill video.
He sounded a great deal like Bix. Maybe after hearing Bix in
person he decided to create his own style. He certainly did that.
Cheers,
Tom Saunders (cornet)

------------------------------

Dear list mates,

Mr. Saunders refers to the Wild Bill biographical video he made, which I
have never had the pleasure of viewing. Does anyone have a copy of it?
If someone in the Sacramento area has a copy, I'd really like to see it.
I do hope some of you collectors have preserved a copy.

Love and hugs,
Nancy

P.S. If any of you would like to hear Wild Bill and Tom Saunders'
version of "The Blues My Naughty Sweetie Gives to Me," visit the
home page of the STJS-sponsored "Trad. Jazz Youth Band Festival."
(You'll need Quicktime or some similar music player.)
Tom's vocals are the best I've ever heard for these challenging lyrics.
Tom's Surf Side Six band in Detroit was excellent.
http://www.sacjazz.org/youthfestival/