[Dixielandjazz] Don Vappie, etc.

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Mon Aug 13 13:43:23 PDT 2007

When I was young and coming jazz fan, I listened a lot to Brubeck,
progressively finding his music less and less jazzy.  That was when I
was between 16 (my arrival in Israel) and something like 23 (shortly
after my release from the army).  Befor coming to Israel, my exposure
to jazz was mainly through the radio, ofr\ten hardly audible (until
the end of 1956, the communist regime practically blocked stations
such as the VOA).
Now (and for many years), not only that I do not consider Brubeck
"classic jazz" - Ido not consider his music jazz at all!
Cheers
SUPPORT LIVE JAZZ