[Dixielandjazz] Interesting article today about royalties, ASCAP and BMI n' stuff

Larry Walton Entertainment - St. Louis larrys.bands at charter.net
Wed Aug 8 12:35:09 PDT 2007

How do they know which artist to pay if let's say a restaurant hires a DJ.
Does that DJ have to supply a list etc.

I maintain that it's the venue, if anyone, should pay,  since they are
collecting the bucks but I don't want to have to supply lists either.

I remember how the cabaret tax just about killed live music.
Larry Walton
St. Louis