[Dixielandjazz] Playing for free

James O'Briant jobriant at garlic.com
Tue Aug 7 11:20:25 PDT 2007

TCASHWIGG at aol.com wrote:

> ... why sell five
> hundred Volkswagens when you can sell One Rolls Royce and
> make the same commission.
>
> And I Never said there were not some good musician in many of
> those volkswagens either.

The hell you didn't.

You've called us "ignorant wannabes."

You've called us a "little incestuous circle of local legends."

You've said that we're so talentless that "chump change money ... is what
you are worth and deserve."

You've said that we "wallow in and sit around and watch our local admirers"
who are "content with the mediocre music" that we make.

You've called us "thick headed."

You've called us "pigs."

You've called us "common whores."

You've said that what we produce is "ever worsening music played by
amateurs."

You've called us "hard headed old bats who never made it anywhere past the
city limits."

You've called us "crappy little local bands."

And that's just within the past 24 hours.  And then and you have the gall to
deny that you ever wrote such things.

There's been a lot more of your vitriolic spewing, much of which has been
even more insulting and far more personal.  But I can't post additional
quotes from your other hateful messages  -- I've deleted them all, because
they're nothing more than the same old crap, week after week after month
after year.  (To use your own analogy, you might as well be a whore who
advertises a lot but who only knows one position.)

Well, Mr. Wiggins, you're entitled to your opinions.

And the rest of us are entitled to our opinion of your opinions.

Why the owners and moderators of the DJML grant you carte blanche to deride,
berate and belittle all of the valuable and constructive contributors of
this list is more than I can understand.  I can't think of another Internet
forum -- and I belong to more than a hundred of them -- where the list
management would tolerate your never-ending vituperative insults.

In my opinion, the DJML owner and moderators would be doing the rest of us a
huge favor if they removed you and your invective from this list,
permanently.

But for some reason, they never do.  They just let you keep spewing your
destructive hate.

Oh, well, my delete key works just fine.

Jim O'Briant
Gilroy, CA