[Dixielandjazz] Prostitutes / Whores / and The Music Business

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 7 07:02:49 PDT 2007

IMO we are insulting the Prostitutes and Whores by comparing ourselves to
them in a negative manner.

After all, They supply a product for which there is a demand and they get
paid for it.

Why then do we insult them by categorizing those of us who give it away are
whores? Not only illogical but very snobbish.

Paul E says we are all whores. That is not true for those of us give our
talent/product/expertise away.

It is, however, true for every person/business in the world that makes a
living by supplying a product or service that fills a need.

So why do we treat those who get paid for what they do, especially musicians
it seems, as the scum of the earth.

We all accept money. After all, if everybody reading this did not get paid
for performing in music, or business, or what ever it is that you get paid
for, you wouldn't be able to afford that computer you are staring into. To
say nothing of your house, car, trophy (or otherwise) wife, kids and all the
other things you cherish.

Cheers,
Steve Barbone