[Dixielandjazz] Your Lips Tell Me No, No etc.

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Tue Aug 7 06:47:26 PDT 2007

Jack Thomas  Jtnt at aol.com wrote

> Bill Haesler wrote, regarding " Is You Is Or Is You Ain't..."
>
> <<I wonder how often that one gets aired in the US  nowadays?>>
>
> Another one not heard lately:
>
> "Your lips tell me No No, but there's Yes Yes in your eyes..."
>
> How would THAT go over with the PC police :-)
>
> Jack Thomas

Now that's a great observation Jack. No doubt the women in the USA would say
that the words to that song are typical of a "MALE" viewpoint. The message
they convey is:

"Hey Baby, quit protesting, you know you really want it."

And the women might not be wrong. In out testosterone filled bodies, most of
us probably believe we are irresistible and that the female does indeed
protest too much. <grin>

How many rapists have relied, and still rely on that defense in court?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone