[Dixielandjazz] More PC stuff (was Basin Street Blues)

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Aug 5 15:15:17 PDT 2007

Pat Ladd wrote regarding the silliness of objections to the 'black and
white' references in "Basin Street Blues" and finished with the
following:
> This sort of stuff is dreamed up by people who work in Government
> Departments with titles like The Office for Regulating Irrational
> Fulginous Inhabitants into Countrywide Equipoise  (ORIFICE)  who have
> to justify their jobs in any way they can.
> Ignore them say I

Good onya Pat,
Once again, I agree with all you say.
Yesterday, at our Sunday afternoon pub job, we and our singer Sunni did
the 1944 song "Is You Is Or Is You Ain't My Baby" (Louis Jordan-Billy
Austin) to great acclaim, as is usual every time we do it.
Now there's one to get the PC hackles rising!
I wonder how often that one gets aired in the US nowadays?
Kind regards,
Bill.