[Dixielandjazz] High Society Solo Harmonized

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Aug 5 14:27:33 PDT 2007

Regarding the Alphonse Picou High Society solo, Bob Newman wrote:

> Years ago Jim Maihack wrote out the much vaunted Picou clarinet solo in
> 2-part harmony for his "Tappers" band.  With his permission we used it
> in the Fulton Street band with me on lead and Al Smith in cornet.    Years
> later we used it with two clarinets.    Always at breakneck tempo and
> never really difficult.
(snip)

We just recorded the (Maihack) written out solo with Bob Sakoi trumpet and
Paul
Edgerton Clarinet doing the honors on our new Fulton Street CD.  See
www.fultonstreetjazz.com/music.htm or www.ringwald.com/recordings.htm

Jim Maihack at one time wrote the Picou clarinet solo out for clarinet and
two trumpets.

--Bob Ringwald