[Dixielandjazz] High Society

JDut953944 at aol.com JDut953944 at aol.com
Sat Aug 4 16:49:54 PDT 2007

This is the rat's patootie to play.  I am fortunate to have the music  for
the original solo by Alphonse Picou.  But I have heard other clarinet  players
do a very minimal version of it, or change the tempo, or just sort of  not play
the whole thing, yet fit it into the song.  I always thought it  sounded very
much like the Clarinet Polka and thought it might be fun to combine  the two
somehow.  I have played High Society in public, so that puts me on  some kind
of a list, somewhere.  Maybe we shouldn't go there!  I  played it the right
way though.

Carol, Clarinet