[Dixielandjazz] Entertainers vs. Artists

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Fri Aug 3 12:51:49 PDT 2007

Hello Larry,
By the 40's it was, but it came back.
I, too, as a rule prefer the guitar, but banjos still can swing.
Unfortunately, they are often over-loud, to the point of overshadowing
the rest of the band.  I have a jack McLaughlin record  which
sometimes sound like a banjo (not very swinging) with a clarinet
accompaniment.  Also, the British trad bands (not the best ones) often
sound like a banjo wigh instrumental accompaniment!
Cheers