[Dixielandjazz] Jazz Bio Movies

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Wed Aug 1 18:35:09 PDT 2007

To me, bio movies, jazz or otherwise are like TV news.
Just entertainment. As far as musical bios,
I loved The Jolson Story, Jolson Sings Again,
Rhapsody In Blue, The Bobby Darin, Ray Charles,
Ten Pennies with Danny Kaye and many more.
One of my favorites was "New Orleans" and
I only found out this year that my cousin produced it.
The story - soggy and trashy but I ran home and taught
myself to play "Do You Know What It Means"
almost immediately.
What year was that? I think I was in high school.
Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com