[Dixielandjazz] 1965 All Star Jam Session

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Mon Apr 30 15:38:20 PDT 2007

Dear Marek,
Sorry about the delay in replying.
Your ears are good!
Stuff Smith IS on "How High the Moon, [Timme's] Blues and Bugle Call
Blues".
However, the Joe Turner may be the 'other one', a stride man who lived
in Europe.
The items you have listed appear to be those from a 13 May 1935 Concert
broadcast in Paris, France, and released on an LRC LP, and now CD.
I believe that I have the details (scatted under the various artist's
names) so will need to do some more searching.
If you wish to send me the full tune listing off-list (don't want to
bore our DJML mates), I will attempt to reconstruct the varied
personnel for you.
Do you detect the presence of Memphis Slim anywhere?
I suspect one of his earlier European performances was included on the
original LP and may also have found its way onto your CD.
Kind regards,
Bill.