[Dixielandjazz] 1965 All Star Jam Session

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Sun Apr 29 10:45:11 PDT 2007

Hello listmates,
Perhaps you can help.
I have  CD titled "1965 All Star Jam Session"  (LRC CDC 9086), the
pesonnel being given as Buck Clayton, Benny Waters, Vic Dickenson, Joe
Turner (piano), Jimmy Woode jr. and Kenny Clarke.  Aurally, that
personnel appears to be correct, except for How High the Moon, Blues,
Bugle Call Blues are by violine with rhythm.  To my ears, it sounds
like Stuff Smith, but I am not sure - it may be he with the same
rhythm section, although, again, to these old ears the pianist sounds
quite different from Turner.
Cheers