[Dixielandjazz] The state of OKOM in the UK

David Richoux tubaman at tubatoast.com
Sun Apr 29 20:11:49 PDT 2007

Funny thing about venue conditions - sometimes the places you
describe as horrible are the "hottest place in town" if the right
bands are there - I was in New York City last week and went to
Brooklyn to see a group called "Slavic Soul Party" - the club was a
hole-in-the-wall bar, the room the band played in was about 25x25
feet (maybe a bit bigger, I didn't measure) and the crowd was huge!
Wide range of ages, many dedicated fans, dancers making do with what
space they could find, no sound system except a basic PA with two
speakers. The band had to march out to the main bar every once in a
while to be properly heard...

A step up from Pres Hall, but not much ;-)

anyway,

Dave Richoux