[Dixielandjazz] Young Music Fans, Vol 52, Issue 57

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 19:52:50 PDT 2007

Hi Ginny:

I say what ever floats your Boat do it:))

There are many fine folks on this list with lots of different
viewpoints and levels of expectations for the return on their
investment into OKOM.   Yes some of us are more driven than others as
is quite often visible in the posts, and the divergent approaches to
the music and it's interpretation and preservation are all relevant to
some but not necessarily to all listmates.   This does cause
disagreements and temper tantrums and such between us all from time to
time about a subject that we all love and hold ear but in different
passion levels.

Somwe folks are content to keep status Quo and other s want to bitch
about it changing and not enough gigs for the OLD  Old style etc, while
others of us try to explain the relevance of taking it to younger
audiences and exposing it to the kids that never got the chance to
discover it in school for whatever the reason.   We win some and we
lose some, and all of us have from time to time valid points and
explanations .    Some of us blame the Teachers, and the teachers blame
us and so on and so forth.

As long as we all just do our part whatever it may be  OKOIM will
survive and get rediscovered it has already had at least two revivals
in my lifetime, so what makes me thin it won't get discovered by some
other kids in thirty years or so when they get tired of RAP :)) ?

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins