[Dixielandjazz] "The first thing we will do is to kill all the lawyers"

George Thurmond gthurmond at stx.rr.com
Sun Apr 29 19:18:23 PDT 2007

	If anyone, even a musician, has obviously had too much booze to
drink, and a commercial establishment's employee is aware of such, but
nevertheless continues to serve more of the same to him, and the drunk
gets in his car, drives off, and his condition contributes to cause an
accident, he and the bar, lounge, etc. can not only get sued for the
resulting damages, but also both can expect to get stuck with a huge
judgment from a outraged jury!

	Remember the context in which the Bard wrote his oft quoted
line.  In the play it was uttered by a character seeking to overthrow a
legitimate governing body, and who didn't want anyone to get in his way.

	On certain occasions I would recommend the band members draw
straws with the one holding the short straw to be the DD (designated
driver) from the gig's onset.

George (just trying to be of help to my fellow listmates) Thurmond