[Dixielandjazz] free Booze in the USA

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Apr 29 18:59:54 PDT 2007

I wouldn't pay his bill for a Root Canal either :))

This is what happens to the music industry when amateurs and hobbyist
bands represent themselves as Professionals and then go out and act
like idiots and have their clients then associate all other musicians
with their behavior and or lack of it.   I built my early career by
watching these kind of clowns screw up the market and I swept in and
took their accounts and delivered professional only shows that lasted
for many years.   I compete in Quality not quantity and always give the
client more than what they paid for or thought they had coming.

If it is appropriate and workable and fits the situation I will of
course get dinner for the artists, but am always aware of the entire
situation and know when not to push for it.   It is always easy for the
musicians to get back into the kitchen and schmooze with the cooks and
servers for good food and beverages anyway.   I have often sent my guys
home with boxes full of great leftover food and deserts form
magnificent events.   Flower and table arrangements for their wives and
girlfriends,  it's all in how you handle the situation.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins