[Dixielandjazz] free Booze in the USA

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Apr 28 22:35:35 PDT 2007

I don't Play music for free and I don't expect or demand free booze,
If I want it, I am all too happy to pay for it and tip the bartender
too who also needs to make a living.   Money makes the system and the
world go round, and a percentage of all booze sales is designated to
pay the wages the band makes too.   The token free drink out of
friendship is of course always appreciated but never expected much less
demanded.   This of course does not apply to those bands that will Play
for Free beer and Food .   Some actually know what they are worth :))
Drinking too much and often is what got many a musician in trouble in
the first place and chasing the free drink became ore important than
taking care of business to make sure they were getting paid properly
and what they were worth as Professionals and left the door wide open
for the guys who would be happy to get on any stage for a free beer or
dinner.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins