[Dixielandjazz] FW: free Booze

Jim Kashishian jim at kashprod.com
Sun Apr 29 04:34:33 PDT 2007

Tom wrote:
>Expecting all this  extra special treatment has simply gone on far too long
folks, if you need that drink all that bad remember that's why God invented
the Flask  bring your own.

However, Tom, you will probably know what the technical rider from your
everyday pop singer will look like for concerts.  There will be all the
usual requirements for the backline instruments (no drummer would think of
hauling in his own kit!), all the sound & light equipment, PLUS a LONG list
of requirements for the dressing rooms.

I once saw a rider from a well-known act where the type of towels was listed
(white & new), the type of toilet paper (cushioned, not perfumed), and a
huge list of liquid & solids for dining pleasures.  Pink Floyd (although I
admit they are a whole different matter) travelled with their complete
kitchen (gas stoves, fridges, etc.), plus all their own food & water brought
in from the U.K. for the band & all their help (about 150 people), when they
played Spain.

So, if we put, at the end of our technical requests, that beverages & snacks
would be really appreciated by the band, I don't think we are going too far.
We also request piano or keyboard, complete drum set, and amp for bass be
provided when the budget permits.  All of the backline, lights & sound must
be prepared & ready to fly before our scheduled time for the sound check.

This tends to "put you a notch higher" in the opinion of those hiring.  "Oh,
they must be good to demand this & that!"  Of course, you gotta then put

Jim