[Dixielandjazz] free Booze in the USA

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sat Apr 28 22:59:01 PDT 2007

Lest we all forget:

Musicians are Hired Professional ( at least on occasion) employees  and
if they are paid Well they should not be bitching about not getting
free anything, buy your own, it is a courtesy extended by the client
not an entitlement for being a musician.   Unless you are to be away
during the normal dinner time you should not expect to be complimented
a meal, it should be considered a generous tip if you are invited to
eat.   The same goes for a drink, if everyone else is paying for their
drinks there is absolutely no reason that musicians should get theirs
for free.   I am sure there was a water faucet or hose somewhere for
free if it was that desperate to get free Water. :))   Heck in St.
Louis the damned river is not far from anywhere as I recall :))   LOL

Expecting all this  extra special treatment has simply gone on far too
long folks, if you need that drink all that bad remember that's why God
invented the Flask  bring your own.   And if you have an eating
disorder that prevents you from getting thru a three or four hour gig
without eating,  Bring a lunch and eat it on your break.   And never
look a gift horse in the mouth,  especially if they extend you a gift,
it after all is a gift not an entitlement.

Bye the way folks if you do get those free meals and drinks the IRS
wants to know the value of them too so they can tax them.

There simply Ain't No Free Lunch or Dinner.   Get over it.

Cheers,

Tom  BYOB   Wiggins