[Dixielandjazz] Dixielandjazz Digest, Vol 52, Issue 56

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Sat Apr 28 08:26:01 PDT 2007

Marty Nichols <marnichols at yahoo.com>

> Steve Barbone wrote:
> "I guess we are lucky to have so many good Dixieland musicians in this
> area who run the gamut concerning age, sex and race.

> Marty Nichols then asked:
> I wonder if "Steve Barbone" really exists? His posts are quite "fantastical."
>
> How could OKOM possibly be as thriving in his world, and so non-existent
> elsewhere?
>
> (a little tongue in cheek, but still wondering ;)

Good question Marty. I've posted about "how to make OKOM thrive" around the
USA for years, but few musos are interested in actually doing it.

For the answer to whether Steve Barbone exists, check out my schedule,
which, btw does not include the private gigs, or the non-OKOM gigs.

http://www.barbonestreet.com/schedule.html

Or just google <Barbone Street Jazz Band>.

And to see Dixieland popularity of another band, (which uses uniforms to
great effect) see:

http://www.barbary-coast.com/schedule.html

Point being? We of the DJML are often so bound up in our own narrow little
world, that we fail to see the plethora of good music all around us. (in the
USA at least) Perhaps we need to get out more?

Cheers,
Steve Barbone