[Dixielandjazz] Jazz in Heaven

Bob Shoring bobshoring at california.com
Fri Apr 27 14:55:47 PDT 2007

  Two 90-year-old men, Moe and Joe, have been friends all of their lives.
  When it's clear that Joe is dying, Moe visits him every day. One day Moe
  says, "Joe, we both loved jazz all our lives, and we played together for
  so many years. Please do me one favor: when you get to Heaven, somehow
  you must let me know if there's music there."

  Joe looks up at Moe from his deathbed, "Moe, you've been my best friend
  for many years. If it's at all possible, I'll do this favor for you."
  Shortly after that, Joe passes on.

  At midnight a couple of nights later, Moe is awakened from a sound sleep
  by a blinding flash of white light and a voice calling out to him, "Moe,
  Moe."

  "Who is it?" asks Moe, sitting up suddenly. "Who is it?"

  "Moe -- it's me, Joe."

  "You're not Joe. Joe just died."

  "I'm telling you, it's me, Joe," insists the voice.

  "Joe! Where are you?"

  "In Heaven," replies Joe. "I have some really good news and  a little
  bad news."

  "Tell me the good news first," says Moe.

  "The good news," Joe says, "is that there's our kind of jazz in
     Heaven. Better yet, all of our old buddies who died before
     us are here, too. Better than that, we're all young again.
  Better still, it's always big festival with a great sound system, good
  drums and piano, and there none of our crabby side men to mess up the
  gig. And best of all, we can play our kind of jazz all we want, and we
  never get tired."

  "That's fantastic," says Moe.  "It's beyond my wildest dreams! So what's
  the bad news?"

  The bad news is . . . . . .

The bad news is YOU are playing with us tomorrow!

Bob