[Dixielandjazz] Songs composed by Bechet

Steve Barbone barbonestreet at earthlink.net
Mon Apr 23 14:13:48 PDT 2007

rahberry at comcast.net asked:

> DJMLers:
> Where can I look to find a list of songs COMPOSED by Sidney Bechet?  I've
> surfed the web and numerous books I own  but keep getting list of songs
> RECORDED by him.
>
> Any help out there?

Hey Rae Ann.

Try <http://www.sidneybechet.org/sbr.html#Index%20of%20Compositions>

Scroll down almost to the bottom of the page to INDEX OF COMPOSITIONS. There
is a song list there that is quite comprehensive. Alphabetical list of
tunes. Those that he composed are underlined. He wrote quite a few.

(This is the web site of the Sidney Bechet Society in NYC)

Cheers,
Steve Barbone