[Dixielandjazz] dress

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Apr 23 12:10:21 PDT 2007

This one baffels me Dave, with all due respect :

How do you overcharge anybody ??

If they are happy with the price quote and what they are willing to pay
for the engagement and expect in return  they book you and you get.
I have never over charged anyone in my life and never had them ask for
a refund for the musical services I delivered to them either.

The long sleeve striped shirt  was I agree with you a welcomed change
in costume type attire for the era, and looked better then the
overworked old look, which is probably why Gene chose it, it worked for
him and the market he was booking.   And like I have said along with
others on the list , there is a lot more to this business than just
playing an instrument.    Bands can pigeonhole themselves and get into
booking stagnation by limiting their uniform or any other attire,
especially in a society that now like to have period or Theme Events.

As in Hawaiian Shirts and Bermudas go well for Beach Parties, Luaus'
and Pool side gigs, Bar B Ques, car shows, etc. but not too cool for a
Church gig, or A formal or semi formal wedding or funeral.  :))
Cheers,

Tom Wiggins