[Dixielandjazz] In Search of the Man Who May Have Created Jazz- New York Times

Bill Haesler bhaesler at bigpond.net.au
Sun Apr 22 15:30:51 PDT 2007

> Why have I received two emails (from Misters Haesler and Gunter) with
> this
> subject line, wherein the entire body of the post was an attachment?  I
> don't open attachments sent via lists...,

Dear Mike,
Interesting.
My email was forwarded within the body of the post as 'plain text'.
How come your system recognised it as an attachment I am not
computer-qualified to say.
If it arrived at the DJML end as an 'attachment', surely the automatic
no-attachment mechanism would have stripped it.
I'm sorry to have cause you any grief.
Like you I do not open attachments sent via lists, although Macs have
less worries that PCs.
I do open the blue coloured links like YouTube.
Bill Gunter may be able to explain what he did, but I suggest he just
forwarded an edited copy of my email.
Mmmmmmmmmmmm - strange things, computers,
Regards, Bill.