[Dixielandjazz] From The Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society Newsletter

Robert S. Ringwald robert at ringwald.com
Sun Apr 22 13:42:25 PDT 2007

From

AATJ (And All That Jazz)

The monthly newsletter of the Sacramento Traditional Jazz Society

(snip)
Executive Director's
Message

STJS Executive Director Jill Harper
from the May 2007 "And All That Jazz"
(STJS monthly newsletter)
Jill Harper

It's almost here! Jubilee number 34
 is right around the corner. We have all been working very hard in the
office to
tie up all the little details. Before we know it, it will be time to party.

Speaking of parties, don't forget to get your tickets to the
Thursday Night Kickoff Party
 at Freeway Gardens. We have some terrific bands lined up, including
Evolution Jazz Band
 (the amazing youth band from North Bend, Oregon),
Vince Bartels' Migrant Jazz Workers (with Vince, Eddie Higgins, Allan Vaché,
Davy
Jones, Russ Phillips, Jennifer Leitham, and John Cocuzzi)
, and Paco Gatsby
 from Guatemala. There will be food and beverages available to purchase, and
you
can even be served by your favorite celebrity bartender! This will also be a
night
to recognize our
Volunteer Honorees
, as well as our fabulous sponsors, without whom we would not have such a
great festival.
Be sure to say thank you! Tickets are only
$10 presale
 and $12 at the gate.

Speaking of sponsors-and I was-we have some new ones this year. Joining us
for the
first time are
Bank of the West
 and
Borders Books
. As a matter of fact, you can purchase your Souvenir Jubilee CD at any
Borders locally.
They will also host a
CD-signing party for the Rebirth Brass Band
 on the Sunday of Jubilee,
May 27th, 2:00 p.m.
 at the store on Fair Oaks Blvd. near the Dante Club.

Bank of the West
 is sponsoring the All-Star Venue at the Sheraton Grand Nave Ballroom.

Re-joining
us after some time away is
Regional Transit
. In addition to advertising-have you seen the bus backs?-they will provide
free
rides to all those with Jubilee admissions.
Park free at light rail stations
 at Sunrise, Roseville Road (near Watt) and Florin, then ride free into
Sacramento
and take our free shuttles between venues. What could be easier? If you are
planning
to drive, there is
reasonable event parking at the Raley Field
 overflow lots on West Capital Avenue just west of the Tower Bridge, with
free shuttle service to all venues.
[The Trolley will be free, too.]

My long-time friend, Cheri Murphy, will bring her outstanding band of local
musicians to entertain us during
the May
"Jazz Sunday" concert at the Dante Club. We are so fortunate to have such
talented
musicians here in town. Bring Mom for a truly happy Mother's Day.
(snip

--Bob Ringwald K6YBV
916/806-9551
www.ringwald.com
--
Leader, The Fulton Street Jazz Band
www.fultonstreetjazz.com

"Good breeding consists of concealing how much we think of ourselves
and how little we think of the other person." --Mark Twain