[Dixielandjazz] Dress Apparel

AL LEVY jazz_man at ix.netcom.com
Sun Apr 22 00:56:27 PDT 2007

Funny you should bring this up. In New York my group(s)
always wore either Tuxedo Band Jackets, regular tuxedos
and Bow Ties. Always dressed appropriately for gigs.
Moved to Texas in 2002. My first experiences playing
weddings and other "formal" parties was startling.
Guests were dressed in jeans and other casual wear.
Band dresses according to "venue". Either all black or
Tux. All black usually a polo shirt + black dress pants
etc.
Last night we played trio for a Casablanca fun raiser.
It was sponsored by a church group. I asked about
dress code for the band. Response was "casual".
I went out and purchased Red Fez hats to complement
the atmosphere.
We received many remarks about the hats.
It was a great opportunity to hand out a business card.
Cheers,
Al
Pianist, Composer, Arranger, Conductor, Teacher and Music Prep.
Please visit me at
http://alevy.com