[Dixielandjazz] Birthday Song Lyrics Copyright

George Thurmond gthurmond at stx.rr.com
Tue Apr 17 18:42:14 PDT 2007

		Time Warner makes enough dough without horning in on
copyright royalties on our traditional Birthday Song.  Here in Texas the
Mexican Restaurants fortunate enough to have mariachis (or unfortunate
enough for having them - depends on one's point of view - oh my, dem
"Mexican Trumpets") have them play "Las Mananitas" as a matter of
course.  Sometimes their leader (si' que el habla ingles) will explain
to the touristas that this is the traditional Mexican birthday song.

George (Ole - Oli is Swedish, Bill) Thurmond