[Dixielandjazz] Who is BMI?

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Tue Apr 17 15:25:38 PDT 2007

I'll be honest when I first joined I was told I should because I
am a writer and that ASCAP would help protect my music from the
"song sharks". The way my professors put it, they are kind of a
watchdog group for artists royalties. I had no idea about some
of the things that they do.

So. The next obvious question is,

How do you self publish and protect your royalties?

Mike