[Dixielandjazz] Swing de Gitanes

Marek Boym marekboym at gmail.com
Tue Apr 17 14:09:49 PDT 2007

WORK IS THE CURSE OF THE JAZZ CLASS!
Hello listmates,
I'm still elated!  just back home from an appearance of Swing de
Gitanes (that's French for Gypsy Swing).  Three young guys playing
Gypsy jazz - wonderful!  And, at 66, I must have been the oldest
person around!  OK, there were four of us, and one of my friends was
65, but the next eldest audience member was probably at least ten
years younger.
The place is small, and around 10:30 PM the audience shrunk to about
twenty (the place cannot accomodate more than thirty), most of them -
in their twenties.
Here's the band's website (to be activated next week): www.swingdegitanes.com
However, there's a videoclip, so it's worth searching.  These guys are
good (even if the text is in Hebrew).
SUPPORT LIVE JAZZ!
Cheers,
Marek