[Dixielandjazz] Who is BMI?

Margaret Squires saxymargeaux at sbcglobal.net
Mon Apr 16 12:10:39 PDT 2007

The Association of Concert Bands has something like this set up.  You pay your membership fees to them, a portion of which goest to pay ASCAP, BMI and any other combination of initials thay may want money.

  Margaret

Scott Anthony <santh at pacbell.net> wrote:
    Last year I thought of a possible solution to this problem: start a
Traditional Jazz Licensing Fee fund. Bands can
apply to this fund to get full or partial fee payments that locations can
use to pay off ASCAP and BMI. I haven't thought through the details but it
might be a possibility.

Scott Anthony
Golden Gate Rhythm Machine