[Dixielandjazz] Who is BMI?

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Mon Apr 16 10:39:51 PDT 2007

Yes John:  It does and as soon as BMI & ASCAP DISCOVER THAT THERE IS
ANY LIVE MUSIC BEING PLAYED IN THEM THEY WILL BE KNOCKING ON THE DOOR
WITH both THEIR HANDS OUT,  SO SHUUUUUUUSSSSSSSHHHHH.   :))

They will ask for money for a radio playing in your dog's house if they
find out you have one in there.  shameless greedy bastards the lot of
them, no matter how nice they claim to be.    And like Jim Kash said
the "Costs" of collecting those royalties now far exceeds what it is
worth to any given artists.   Jim says they get a check for about
enough to buy a Beer once a year, well that's because the guys
collecting the money are spending all the money drinking up a keg of
beer each before they ever divide up the royalties.   And at the same
time closing up small places that sell beer and hire musicians to play
so they can sell it.

Tom "Don't help me collect my money"  I'd rather do it myself thank
you.  Wiggins
I could make more money recycling the kegs than they will pay me for a
beer .  :))