[Dixielandjazz] That's all

Judy Eames jude at judyeames.co.uk
Sat Apr 14 04:36:35 PDT 2007

Bob Smith said> "Annette Hanshaw can hardly be described as OKOM"

I disagree, Annette Hanshaw is certainly MKOM.  I seem to remember reading
that she regretted the baby voice recordings she made and that is what some
people remember her best for.  She had a fine voice for jazz.  Incidentally
her jazz repertoire may be better known in this country than elsewhere.....
Janice Day (my partner Tony Davis's daughter in law... keep it in the
family) recorded some of her songs with Keith Nichols ten years or so ago.
More recently Debbie Arthurs has included a great many Hanshaw songs in her
repertoire.  Debbie is  a fine singer and drummer who used to be a member of
the Charleston Chasers.  I've recorded a couple of her songs too.

So Bob what is YKOM?

Jude

Judy Eames
Kaminsky Connection