[Dixielandjazz] 88FM

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Thu Apr 12 22:13:22 PDT 2007

Thanks  Marek:

I hope some of the doubters on the list will now pay attention to the
hard work that guys like me and  Steve Barbone do to further the cause
of OKOm and business for all Dixieland and OKOM musicians  we answer
the door when there is a knock upon it and go do whatever is necessary
to further the cause of the music and preservation and future of it to
the best of our abilities.   And it is not ALL about the Money either
but we try to be examples of what it can be if others would simply pay
attention and move beyond what you did or learned 60 years ago, the
time they have changed folks but  the music remains timeless.   You do
have to keep finding and cultivating NEW audiences for it however or it
will indeed die with us.   Yet we constantly get disrespected for our
tireless efforts to motivate the troops and are told to stop preaching
to the Choir.   So be it.  end of Sermon,  probably my shortest one in
a long time.

Cheers,

Tom Wiggins
Saint Gabriel's Celestial Brass Band