[Dixielandjazz] Watch what you say

Mike mike at railroadstjazzwest.com
Tue Apr 10 21:17:56 PDT 2007

It depends on how popular the particular item is. It also
depends on how it's classified. I've found stuff I've posted on
various message boards years ago rather easily. Message boards,
public lists(as you mentioned) and not so public lists have
stuff that has made it to google or yahoo search engines. The
best rule of thumb is if you don't want it out there, then don't
post it.

Emails have been known to pop up on certain web searches too.
There are crawler based search engines(google) as well as human
powered directories and then there are the ones in between.
Stuff that normally wouldn't show up can if someone decides to
put it there.

Mike