[Dixielandjazz] The Flood

Bill Gunter jazzboard at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 10 11:42:43 PDT 2007

Hi Ron,

You wrote:

>Took me a minute, but I finally caught on that you were talking about the
>results of Hurricane Katrina...  When you referred just to 'The Flood',

Well, there's probably more to be said about that.

If the damage in New Orleans was simply the result of Hurricane Katrina I
imagine there would have been jazz on the streets and in the clubs in New
Orleans as soon as it passed.

It wasn't the Katrina that damaged N.O. as much as the inadequate protection
offered the city by the lack of proper levee maintainence.

It was the FLOOD rather than KATRINA which did the most damage to the jazz
capital of the world.

That's like blaming the golf club for that rotten shot into the pond.

Man couldn't do anything about Katrina but man could sure as hell have done
something about the levees!

Respectfully submitted,

Bill "Thimbles" Gunter
jazzboard at hotmail.com