[Dixielandjazz] Here is your hip new wedding gig guys go get em:

tcashwigg at aol.com tcashwigg at aol.com
Sun Apr 8 21:12:01 PDT 2007

Ya'll might wanna join the Dj's & laptop computers  union however .

But seriously folks there is a big lesson to be learned here if you
read between the lines: that has been killing bands for many years ,

The client has picked all the music they want to hear HELLO HELLO !!!
does the audience matter ????   They are not just interested in
whatever the band knows, it is their engagement and party and they are
entitled to get what they want and are willing to pay for.

If anybody's band can't deliver that then you have no business trying
to get the gig and ruining their day when you do a half- assed job at
it.   Too many of these kids have gone to other weddings and seen and
heard the crap guys try to get away with as in oh well it's just
another wedding we know better than they do what they want to hear.

Just a word to the wise who are paying attention, don't take a gig you
are not qualified to do, and just because you are a musician does not
mean you are qualified to play any gig.   No your limitations and
expectations and stick to them, cause it's close enough for Jazz is not
the case when you are charging people money for it.   In other words
stick to what your really do best and do it to the best of your
abilities.

Cheers,
Tom Wiggins

      Need DJ for ipod wedding in Walnut Creek on May 19th, 2007 (walnut
creek)
  Reply to: gigs-307831655 at craigslist.org
  Date: 2007-04-07, 12:58PM PDT

   Looking for an experienced DJ for an ipod wedding on Saturday, May
19th in Walnut Creek. We have all the music picked out and all the high
end audio equipment you would need (except for a laptop if you need
one?). I am looking for someone who can handle audio for the entire
event (levels during ceremony, getting the cocktail hour music going,
as well as during the reception). I would prefer to find someone who is
comfortable and experienced making some announcements as well. What I
am NOT looking for, though, is an old-school wedding DJ who will miss
not having the chicken dance or the hokey pokey.

   The right person will work with the wedding coordinator to make sure
that the dances happen on time and necessary announcements are made.
Ideally, the DJ would also gauge the mood on the dance floor and
alternate between fast and slow songs to keep the energy up. We can
provide the pre-programmed ipod, MP3s or CDs of the music, depending on
your preference.

   The hours of the gig are 4:00 pm to 10:00 pm on Saturday, May 19th.
Our budget is $400.

   Please reply with your resume of experience to the e-mail address
above. Feel free to include your particular style of DJing and any
other information about yourself and your experience you feel relevant.

            it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other
commercial interests
           Compensation: $400